Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The second post, reposted also...

Well, I checked on all the local media websites, and watched the news last night, and my face didn't appear anywhere. So, that's good. On the other hand, I'm kind of disappointed. All those cameras, and no pictures of me.
But the real fallout may not come until tomorrow.
See, I bumped into a guy at the rally. And it didn't strike me until this morning. He looked really, really familiar. I just assumed I'd seen him at one of the clubs or something.
Nope.
He's a coworker.
We don't know each other all that well, for sure, but we do know each other. Did he recognize me? Hard to say. My memory of the bumping-into seems to say he had a spark of possible recognition in his eyes, but I may be imaging things.
The odds are in my favor. I wasn't in a place where we'd normally cross paths. And if you're like me, if you meet someone out of context, it can be a bitch to remember who they are. And while my makeup wasn't all that good yesterday, I do have a tendency to affect different facial expressions when I'm dressed.
My eyebrows are almost always up, my eyes are wide, and I smile. I don't smile a lot in guy mode. So, while en femme, my face doesn't droop as much as it does when I'm not.
We'll see if we bump into each other tomorrow, or if coworkers start looking at me differently.
Of course, why worry, anyway? He was at a GLBT rally, so it's not like he's a rabid homophobe. But, will he have the discretion to keep things on the hush-hush, or will he assume I'm out and proud?
***
Oh, and if you think this is going to keep me from going to the National Transgender Day of Remembrance observances this week? You're wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!