Sunday, November 30, 2008

Stream of consciousness

In order to attract regular readers to one's blog, one must produce quality shit; something worth reading. In order to produce said shit, once must practice. One must write and write and write until one is good at it.

This is one of those non-quality, shit entries. (More practiced, but reprinted entries are earlier. I've gotten out of the habit, and as a jump start, reposted some crap from other places.)
***

I took a nap when I got home from work today. My last day off was last Friday, November 21st. My next day off isn't until Wednesday, gods willing. So, I'm a little tired.

I lay down for the nap, and almost instantly, I'm swooning into REM-land. And my lovely feline decides he's on the wrong side of me, so he walks across my stomach.

So, I turn over on my side, and drift off. About half an hour later, by the clock, and 3 days later by my head, I wake up. And my arm is asleep. And even better, I wake up just in time to see the cat throwing up at the foot of the bed.

What makes this scenario worse is the dream I awoke from. (I hate reading/hearing about other people's dreams, but since this is just a writing exercise, it's excusable.)

I was in my childhood home, only I was an adult. My parents were...who knows where. My sisters, now grown, were visiting. My little brother was still a child. And the house was a mess. There was a lawn mower in the kitchen for some reason. As I'm trying to clean up, a woman I knew and lusted after from college shows up.

She's blonde, blue eyed, and 6'2". A strikingly beautiful woman. She's also married now with an adopted daughter who has undergone numerous surgeries for a cleft palate.

Anyway, she's trying to flirt with me as I'm trying to clean house. And I'm getting angrier and angrier. I mean, she's married! And she's flirting with me? And the house is in serious disarray. As I hand my little brother, who is apparently perpetually stuck at age 5 in my mind, a broom and tell him to start pulling his weight, she starts kissing my ear.

And that's when I woke up, to watch the cat yodel groceries.

I hate naps.

1 comment:

KatwomanOfSteele said...

at least Henry had the courtesy to wake you with breakfast in bed